Contact Chris: Twitter / Google Plus / LinkedIn / Facebook
Chris Grove is an independent consultant for various stakeholders in the regulated online gambling market. During his 10+ years in the iGaming industry, Grove:
- Co-founded OnlinePokerReport.com.
- Advised dozens of operators, marketers and other gaming-related interests on focus areas including: content development; player acquisition and retention; ecosystem management and organic traffic strategy.
- Founded, developed and operated an affiliate network responsible for driving tens of thousands of depositing players to iGaming sites.
- Built a reputation as a profitable online and live poker player.
Prior to his work in gaming, Grove was a coach of national championship collegiate speech and debate teams at Bradley University and Western Kentucky University. As a competitor in collegiate speech and debate, Grove won three individual national titles and was inducted into the National Forensic Association Hall of Fame in 2001.
Grove earned his B.A. and Masters of Communication from Illinois State University and currently lives in Las Vegas.
Recent media credits and appearances
- Grove is awarded Media Person Of The Year at the 2015 American Poker Awards.
- The inaugural American Poker Conference features Grove as a moderator for their “Online Poker Snapshot” panel on February 25, 2015.
- In February 2015, Grove moderates “iGaming Regulation in California,” a discussion panel at the 2015 iGaming Legislative Symposium in California.
- Global Gaming Business spotlights Grove in its February 2015 issue and part of Grove’s inclusion in the magazine’s “40 Under 40″ for 2015.
- Grove is a featured guest on the year-end episode of CEM Audio Edge’s Native American Gaming on December 17th, 2014.
- Nationally-syndicated radio program House of Cards welcomes Grove for an overview of the year ahead for online gambling on their December 15th, 2014 episode.
- Quotes from Grove appear in a December 10th, 2014 Las Vegas Review Journal story covering the introduction of a new online poker bill in California.
- Global Gaming Business, in conjunction with Innovation Group and G2E, names Grove as one of the magazine’s “40 Under 40″ for 2015.
- The annual meeting of the Rural County Representatives of California welcomes Grove as a guest speaker for its annual meeting in September 2014.
- Grove breaks down the aftermath of the PokerStars / Amaya deal for an article in the July 2014 edition of All In.
- Quotes from Grove appear in a June 24th USA Today feature surveying revenue results for regulated online gambling in the United States.
- ESPN’s Poker Edge features Chris Grove as a guest on their June 20th episode covering the picture for regulated online poker in the United States.
- Grove participates in a panel discussion – The Poker Experience – at the 2014 Online Gambling Summit.
- Grove appears on the June 13th, 2014 edition of NPR’s Marketplace to discuss the PokerStars / Amaya deal.
- A feature in the June edition of NJ Monthly on regulated online gambling includes multiple quotes from Grove.
- The California Conference on Online Gaming, produced by Capitol Weekly and UC Davis, hosts a panel on May 22nd, 2014 moderated by Grove covering regulatory issues surrounding online poker. Panel participants include Richard Lopes, Chairman of the California Gambling Control Commission, cardroom counsel Keith Sharp, California problem gambling chief Terri Sue Canale and gaming lawyer Peter Larson. Watch the video here.
- May 2014: Research done by Chris Grove is cited in a study prepared by Econsult for the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
- The California Gambling Control Commission welcomes Grove, who provides a commissioners and other representatives from California government with a presentation covering the role of affiliates in the regulated market for online gambling on April 18th, 2014.
- Grove is quoted in a March 2014 Wall Street Journal story focused on the role of staking in the poker economy.
- Bluff Magazine’s annual Power 20 issue includes Chris Grove as one of three members of the poker media voters “wanted to shine the light on.”
- Grove moderates a featured panel at the 2014 iGaming North America conference. The panel – “Regulated Online Gambling: The Story So Far” – brings together representatives from WSOP, Ultimate Poker, the online poker media and industry analysts.
- A March 2014 article detailing Sheldon Adelson’s federal push to ban regulated online gambling on VegasInc.com includes multiple quotes from Grove.
- Bluff Magazine’s “Rundown” podcast for February 28th features Grove’s overview and analysis over the Multi-State Internet Gaming Association.
- Grove is a featured guest on the February 26th edition of TwoPlusTwo’s PokerCast, an episode covering the Nevada-Delaware partnership and the launch of Real Gaming.
- Quotes from Grove appear in a February article on Forbes.com covering online gambling in New Jersey.
- Grove is quoted in a January 2014 story for FoxBusiness.com covering credit card payment processing for regulated online gambling.